It’s beautiful, the city is truly breathtaking to witness in person. No where I have ever been makes me feel so small, and feel so minor compared to the huge ambition that everyone radiates from themselves as they walk by.
However, that is about the only good thing to say about living here. Everyone is such an asshole who walks around with some complex of “Oh, I live in New York City and I’m fucking awesome.”
It’s very tiring because I’ll try to make friends, and everyone looks at me as if I was flaming from the tips of my hair or something. It isn’t even that people are MEAN, it’s that EVERYONE walks around with a stick up their ass and thinks they’re better than everyone else. I want to meet some real people here. Heh. Yeah right.
Posted on Wednesday, 16 May
- ohcrikey likes this
- loveatthegallows said: it also explains why, in a city as large as New York, there are so many unhappy single people. People are even more reluctant to meet strangers in the city than in less populated areas where to do so putting forth effort is needed.
- herecomesryan likes this
- yourintentionsforme said: asshole I asked you a question before and you never replied. -_- I’m in Manhattan and I know what you mean.
- itisperfectlyimperfect said: I think New Yorkers are just insecure. Do you ever hear a Parisian saying “I’m from Paris…the best city in the world.”? No you don’t. Because they know that we know they live in one of the best cities in the world, full stop.
- littlevontrapp said: Haha awww all of us New Yorkers aren’t that mean! There are exceptions :)
- soldmysoultorock-n-roll said: I live in the city and I’ll be friends with you (: I’m nice!!!!
- myhopeislost likes this
- surrealdreamr said: Yes, NYC sounds as if nothing has changed
- chivalryisdead likes this
- dylanregister posted this